If you will be traveling this year, you need make sure you know all there is about being safe. Traveling can be fun as long as you plan ahead and play it safe. Following these top 10 safe travel tips will help you along the way.
1. Keep your cash stashed away in different places. Stash some in your luggage, some on you and anywhere else you can think of. If someone robs you, you don’t have to give them every single stash. Just give them the most obvious one. This is probably your most important safe travel tip to know.
2. Pay attention to your surroundings. You should always know where you are at. If you driving note the mile markers and the exits you have past.
3. Keep expensive items at home. Don’t ware your most expensive jewelry while on vacation. All you’re doing is telling everyone that you have lots of cash. So you run the risk of someone taking your items from you.
4. Tell a trusted family member where you are going, what way you are driving, and what time you expect to get there. Call them when you get there and make sure they know you will be calling. In case you don’t show up where you should be, your family knows exactly where to start looking.
5. If you are driving, pack a survival kit according to the weather. So if you are taking a vacation in the winter, then you should have a small bag with a blanket, matches, flashlight, food and water. Summer should be the same thing, except maybe more water. Use your judgment, but always plan for the what ifs.
6. Always have maps with you. You should have a map that has your entire route planned out on it, and then get a better map of the city you are going to. It’s always smart to have a few maps of the surrounding cities as well. You never know when you may need it.
7. If you are traveling with kids or other people, make sure you have a copy of their picture on hand all general information such as height and weight.
8. Have photo copies of all your important information and store it in another spot. Things as your id, insurance cards and passports. If you have all these on hand, store copies in a suitcase.
9. Don’t drink and drive or drive when tired. These are two of the main causes for accidents. If you are going to have a drink or two, then get a hotel room, so you’re not driving while drunk. Driving tired is just as bad as driving drunk.
10. Leave your credit card and check books at home. I would suggest taking one credit card for an emergency, but the rest should be at home. You should also have a photo copy of the credit card you are taking and leave the copy at home. In case you need to cancel the card, you have all your information available.
Following these top 10 safe travel tips will help you have the best vacation available.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Wendy_Pan