I had been planning to visit Malaysia since last year. Finally had a chance to find a time to visit. In addition to Malaysia, I added Singapore to my journey.
Total 9 days: 3 days in Kuala Lumpur, 4 days in Langkawi and 2 days in Singapore.
First of all during planning phase you need some tools and advises to make an on-budget trip. Check your country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs advises page for your destination countries. For me, it was not advised to visit Sabah territory in Malaysia. Therefore I skipped this region. I used Skyscanner and hipmunk to find a cheap and short-duration flight and booking.com for accommodation.
Why I put Singapore to the last is because its a more, and actually one of the most, developed country and I wished to end my journey with the best.
Here below the summary of our itinerary starting from and ending in Jeddah, KSA.
- From Jeddah to Kuala Lumpur (flight duration is around 8.5 hours) with Saudia Airlines which I DO NOT recommend anybody to use Saudia Airlines. The reason will be detailed in a separate post.
- From Kuala Lumpur to Langkawi (flight duration is 1 hour) with AirAsia. AirAsia is a low-cost airline based in Malaysia.
- From Langkawi to Singapore Changi Airport (flight duration is around 1.5 hour) with AirAsia.
- From Singapore to Jeddah with Saudia Airlines (flight duration is around 8.5 hours).
Flying from the world’s best airport – Singapore Changi Airport – to the worst airport – Jeddah International Airport – was also an unforgettable experience and a shock for me . To sum up, try to avoid any stop in or transfer from Jeddah Airport. This advise will be updated whenever the new terminal will be opened, expected within a year.
I will answer below questions day by day.
- How to get from Kuala Lumpur Airport to city center?
- What is the Best Traveler Sim Card in Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur and Langkawi)?
- How much money will I spend in Malaysia, daily?
- Which shops should I visit in Kuala Lumpur?
- Is Malaysia cheap for shopping?
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur in 3 days?
- Saudi Arabia Airlines Review
- How to get from Langkawi Airport to city center, Kuah or Cenang?
- Things to do in Langkawi in 4 days?
- What is the best transportation app in Malaysia, Uber or Grab?
- How to get from Singapore Changi Airport to city center?
- Things to do in Singapore in 2 days?
- How much money will I spend in Singapore, daily?
- What is the best transportation app in Singapore, Uber or Grab?
Please just check back regularly and add this page to your bookmarks to get updates and details of this journey. You will find some ready to go pdf’s in each post that you can print or directly view from your smartphones.