If you are travelling alone, or with a family not more than 3, it is cheaper to use KLIA Ekspres, which is a non-stop airport rail link service. If you are more than 4, I advise you to use taxis or some other apps like Grab or Uber. Average one-way taxi fare is around 120-100 MR (Malaysian Ringit) (approximately 18 GBP, 23 USD).
KL Sentral, which is the transportation hub of Kuala Lumpur, is the final destination of KLIA Ekspres.
KLIA Ekspres has two stops in the airport for each terminal namely KLIA and KLIA2. KLIA is the main terminal. KLIA2 is the terminal mostly for low-cost airlines and the newest one.
Journey takes 28 minutes (KLIA – KL Sentral), 33 minutes (KLIA2 – KL Sentral).
KLIA Transit Fares:
Continue reading “How to get from Kuala Lumpur Airport to city center (KL Sentral)?”
Best months to visit Malaysia and Singapore are February, March and April. Because of their locations in Southeast Asia, Malaysia and Singapore generally hot and humid throughout the year. Temperatures are around 30°C by day, sometimes a little higher. However, there are several months, much more suitable to visit since there is less rain.
- Between February and April is the best for outdoor activities.
- Between May and June is the hottest time.
- Between July and August is the best season for shopping, there are some festivals like Great Singapore Sale, George Town Festival of Malaysia etc.
- Between September and October, the west coast of Malaysia, like Langkawi, rain is more than average.
- Between November and January is the wettest time and the duration of rain takes longer than usual.
I had been planning to visit Malaysia since last year. Finally had a chance to find a time to visit. In addition to Malaysia, I added Singapore to my journey.
Total 9 days: 3 days in Kuala Lumpur, 4 days in Langkawi and 2 days in Singapore.
First of all during planning phase you need some tools and advises to make an on-budget trip. Check your country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs advises page for your destination countries. For me, it was not advised to visit Sabah territory in Malaysia. Therefore I skipped this region. I used Skyscanner and hipmunk to find a cheap and short-duration flight and booking.com for accommodation.
Why I put Singapore to the last is because its a more, and actually one of the most, developed country and I wished to end my journey with the best.
Here below the summary of our itinerary starting from and ending in Jeddah, KSA.
- From Jeddah to Kuala Lumpur (flight duration is around 8.5 hours) with Saudia Airlines which I DO NOT recommend anybody to use Saudia Airlines. The reason will be detailed in a separate post.
- From Kuala Lumpur to Langkawi (flight duration is 1 hour) with AirAsia. AirAsia is a low-cost airline based in Malaysia.
- From Langkawi to Singapore Changi Airport (flight duration is around 1.5 hour) with AirAsia.
- From Singapore to Jeddah with Saudia Airlines (flight duration is around 8.5 hours).
Continue reading “A Quick Trip to Southeast Asia : Malaysia & Singapore within 9 days”